Monday, October 19, 2015

31 Days of Halloween Music - Day 18

Continuing my annual tradition - today, marks day 18 of celebrating the fun of horror that comes with Halloween. Today, we - and by "we" - me and the voices in my head, plus the specters that haunt my home turn to one of the most underrated bands (in our opinion) of all time.

Blue Oyster cult is best known for toiling with death and motivating a giant lizard from Japan, but their diverse musical prowess covers all pop culture avenues such as in this tasteful tale about a bloodsucking legend - the one that paved the way for vampires in film......


Keeping in line with my added twist, I also offer original songs dressed up by other people, just like our own beings that don costumes for, normally, one night of the year (but we are all far from normal around here). Blue Oyster Cult gained a heavy following despite having so few hits, and many better known musicians have heralded their music for heavily influencing their own sound. Here, we have the fan-favorite super group Racer-X covering one of Blue Oyster Cult's better known songs "Godzilla;" equally fitting since both groups obtained monumental success in Japan -



You can catch me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TurdFjerstad


No comments: