Monday, October 19, 2015

31 Days of Halloween Music - Day 19

Continuing my annual tradition - today, marks day 19 of celebrating the fun of horror that comes with Halloween. Today, we - and by "we" - me and the voices in my head, plus the specters that haunt my home we celebrate John Carpenter - the musician. His music has inspired hundreds in the entertainment industry just as his films and finally we are going to be treated to a live concert where he will perform both movie scores and unreleased original material; sorry, American fans, it's in Iceland.

Mr. Carpenter also has an album collecting original non-movie material, which is where we are going to now...............


 Keeping in line with my added twist, I also offer original songs dressed up by other people, just like our own beings that don costumes for, normally, one night of the year (but we are all far from normal around here).

This is one of Pearl Jam's biggest hits, a mellow rendition of Wayne Cochran's original "Last Kiss." The song failed to climb the charts back in 1961 but the song found mainstream success when J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers re-recorded the tune in 1964. The song is a staple among the teen tragedy tunes of the era and fits well within the hallowed Halloween halls of horror.



You can catch me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TurdFjerstad


No comments: