Saturday, October 17, 2015

31 Days of Halloween Music - Day 17

Continuing my annual tradition - today, marks day 17 of celebrating the fun of horror that comes with Halloween. Today, we - and by "we" - me and the voices in my head, plus the specters that haunt my home take delight in honoring the release of Crimson Peak this weekend. In doing so, we celebrate another figure that is well linked to the film's director Guillermo Del Toro - Mike Mignola's thrilling  comic book creation Hellboy, although this song easily suits the scariest ideas of being confronted by a complete stranger in the darkest of nights. Yeah, it also came out in the original Scream (not a fan), and thus we pay a sad tribute to the horror maestro Wes Craven. Rest in peace, good sir. You are missed.


Keeping in line with my added twist, I also offer original songs dressed up by other people, just like our own beings that don costumes for, normally, one night of the year (but we are all far from normal around here). Further honoring Wes Crazven, we take some music from his film Shocker where the heavy metal kings Megadeth cover classic Alice Cooper as Megadeth's lead singer lives up to the type of person some people really think he is - not such a nice guy.


You can catch me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TurdFjerstad

No comments: