Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Miss You

Dear, Miss You,
Oh, how I await that day when the night is a mile long;
That day one could dub
The day of fate,
The day of destiny,
The day the light inside of a life long thought lost
Shines for the first time.
Only you, Miss You;
Around you can I breathe the lift of a bird’s flight.
Around you can I think clearer, free from the wall of rain.
Around you can I be what I have always needed to be – myself –
All for you.
To you, Miss You,
I will show only kindness,
Provide simple love and companionship,
And banish all that is uncaring,
All that thinks and dares to speak without regard,
All that is without feeling
For you. But above all else,
I offer equality, Miss You.
So shall you live as you have always lived.
So shall you dance as you have always danced.
So shall you still be anything and everything
You ever wanted to be,
Just as before,
Only,
Hopefully,
Willingly,
Someone beyond your greatest expectations.
Hopefully wonderful, Miss You.
Anything less,
Then, perhaps, I never deserved you.
I wasted your time and threw away mine;
The worst thing on person can do to another.
I will have failed you, Miss You.
I will have failed us,
Proving that the sun and moon were never meant
To share their gaze,
To look in the other’s soul.
All I can do then, Miss You,
Is what I do now, Miss You.
Oh, Miss You, how I do miss you.

*******************
I haven't written poetry in almost two years.
I haven't been clost to anything called "in love" in over five years.
Give me a friggin' break. It's all I could come up with.

No comments: