Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Farewell, Good Night

Farewell,
I shall see you in the morning.
Do you suppose inspiration will awaken?
Or will it be thrust upon an open green,
Soaked up by the trees, devoured by the plants,
Teasing the estuaries?
Hello, blessed night.
Have you come to try and sway my mind?
Change my opinion, perhaps?
You know how beautiful I think you are,
Bur for all the northern cool kisses
You drape along my body,
The sun will always catch the first sight of my eyes,
And the moon, your mother, the last, and yet still,
Think of the things we will share,
The insanity that will dance with us,
And the elation from the warmth of the burning stars
That will spell out all the names of the universe.

***************
I haven't written poetry in almost two years.
Give me a break.

No comments: