Sunday, April 30, 2006

Slap a Christian

I've been revising my book these past few days, meanwhile, I've also been prepping for finals, which end this week, so I shall have more time to dedicate to harrassing the internet and humanity.

Tonight was unique, though. As I sat and wrote about child abuse and revenge, there was a Christian group right next to me, and I mean so close I could freely slap ten virgins and hear their loins rupture. They had their acoustic guitar and proceeded to perform the same five songs everyone on Earth with an acoustic guitar plays.
That sappy one from John Mayer (twice, Oasis' Wonderwall, and whatever else their post-pubescent, overlapping ideals would let them play. I had my headphones on for the remainder of the evening, listening to the new O.S.I. album:Free

I'm not against God, just those who have aligned themselves to a particular belief in God. Let the deity retire already. Why do you think bad things happen to good people? He's tired and wants to rest. Quit praying and leave him alone. Do your own dirty work.

Kevin Moore has helped create another triumph, but this time he had help from Jim Matheos. I loved the first O.S.I., and was excited to hear this one was out already. It didn't dissapoint, although it's a tad more simplistic, but Kevin Moore's knack for manipulating ambience into melody, as far as I've heard, is unparalleled.

Back to work.

No comments: