Saturday, April 22, 2006

Alone When I Die

Enjoyed a wedding last night, though it felt like the ending of a life I once knew. I don't think I'm going to have many friends after this, and frankly, that's fine by me. Sure, every time we do manage to get together we'll pick up where we left off, but as I've told them before, yet none of them seem to understand, nothing is ever going to be the same again.

I did spend most of the time with my friend Annie, who is the sweetest, kindest person anyone can meet and have the honor of knowing. She has nothing but good intention and great times in her heart. She was positively beautiful, not that she isn't when there's not an event going on, but for last night, she was magical, and everyday she is someone special.

********************

If I died,
None of you would ever know.
You would return and find no
New posts, no
New ideas.
You would come back,
And keep coming back,
And again,
Nothing.
Maybe I just cancelled
My membership,
Maybe not.
Maybe I'm alone,
Maybe I'm in a crowded room.
Not much
To talk about,
Not anyone
To talk to,
No matter where
I am.
Maybe I'm dead already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well, that's a bit depressing. I hope you're not dead, David.
If you're dead, well, see you around then
XO
~Shannon