Friday, October 09, 2015

31 Days of Halloween Music - Day 9

Continuing my annual tradition - today, marks day 9 of celebrating the fun of horror that comes with Halloween. Today, we - and by "we" - me and the voices in my head, plus the specters that haunt my home bring you a sampling of the hip hop sub-genre known as horrorcore. Artists like Bone-Thugs-N-Harmony, Gravediggaz, King Gordy, even D12 were considered members of this musical movement. Their songs sampled and reflected acts found in horror films and were most evident in the film Tales from the Hood; a blaxploitation anthology film that followed the Tales from the Crypt trilogy-tale formula.


  Keeping in line with my added twist, I also offer original songs dressed up by other people, just like our own beings that don costumes for, normally, one night of the year (but we are all far from normal around here). In this outing, continuing down the hip hop road while taking a curve through alternative pass, we have Ben Folds, the indie-pop star that specializes in rock without a guitar, covering Dr. Dre's favorable ode to his skanks and hoes "Bitches Ain't Shit."


You can catch me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TurdFjerstad

No comments: