Saturday, April 24, 2010

Listening for an Exit

I once had sex with a woman - - young(er) woman, because she reminded me of another woman: one of the few that I cared about, but this particular whisper had been thousands, even hundreds of thousands of miles away for over a decade, according to my functioning memory-relays. Our lives were not crossing paths, physically, any time soon and I had to download the memory of her through my cranial zip-drive - I wouldn't wanted to have explored living an existence without remembering her smell, her texture - her ideas.....her voice.

The reasons behind our attraction were rarely agreed yet never defined. We knew how to push each others' buttons and still come out laughing about it, and her only bio-enhancement was medically relevant unlike the rest of us that indulged in the body modification craze of 2013.
.........Wait, did I say "...still come out laughing." or   "still come out lacerated?"  This relationship shit is a tricky, mind-raping business

No comments: