Thursday, April 29, 2010

Doube Barrel @ the Movies: Book of Eli

Book of Eli was Denzel's segue into the comic book world. I have no idea what his personal take or history on comics are, but I know the Hughes Brothers are hooked - they directed Deppster in From Hell, adapting it from Campell's and Moore's likeable but challenging graphic novel. Book of Eli had the feeling of a back-to-basics approach for everyone involved, catching up with technology.

I can only speak for myself; personally, the story went to a variant of an expectation, leaving me wanting more chilli-cheese nachos.

Side Note: I had zero tolerance of Mila Kunis pre-70's Show; now.....putting it lightly, she was the only reason I didn't scalp my scrotum with a severed popsticle stick while watching Max Payne. And she's never been better, I think, than in Book of Eli. Still don't want to watch American Psycho 2. It still feels....dirty.

No comments: