Tuesday, December 12, 2006

You're No Fun When You Sleep

It's the end of the world because Kirk Douglas said so. I've been saying it for nearly a decade, science has been proving it for longer than that. The world is warming, the waves ar growing, and the ground is being raped, and all I can think about is how much miss the cartoon "Exosquad."

The theme song, I can't recall for the breath off a burning kitty (never mind --found itover here.) but it was much more intelligent than any average Saturday or weekday five-thrity, six in the morning animated program. It was highly political, characters died, characters that the writers and performers had made you care about.

I was thirteen or fifteen back then. What the hell did I know? I want it on dvd.

At this moment Earth is rubbing its plates together, recycling the core at its center through spewing lava out of volcanos. Beautiful when you think about it. It's still a part of our doom, but at least our end will be glorious and colorful.

Oh, it will be utterly blique, decimated, and decayed by the time we're through, but the reaping, the cleansing, the annihilation that will commence will blind us by its brilliance.

No comments: