Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A Dead Media

I was drifting through youtube.com, looking for different bands and I started wondering:

Are music videos still relevant? Does anyone care if a band puts one out anymore?

When MTV came out, it was the biggest, largest, newest attention getter that any band was fortuante enough to be a part of. Now, it's a dead joke that keeps spoofing itslef everyday.

With podcasting, downloading, websites, and the bitchmakers like MySpace allowing and endless barrage of promotions for every kind of band; major label, minor label, signed, or unsigned, the NEED to have a music video just isn't there.

On youtube, I was looking for bands I like, found them, then coudln't watch more than a minute and a half of them because I'd heard the song so many times, seen them live, or the product itself just wasn't that interesting.

Doesn't matter. I'm just rambing.

No comments: