Wednesday, October 28, 2015

31 Days of Halloween Music - Day 28

Continuing my annual tradition - today, marks day 28 of celebrating the fun of horror that comes with Halloween. Today, we - and by "we" - me and the voices in my head, plus the specters that haunt my home dance away with the classiest space man to ever fall to Earth - David Bowie whom people once veered as a scary monster, but the rest of us just call him awesome.


Keeping in line with my added twist, I also offer original songs dressed up by other people, just like  our own beings that don costumes for, normally, one night of the year (but we are all far from normal around here). I've never been an advocate of The Beatles, but that doesn't mean I'm ignorant to the magnanimous, everlasting influence they've bore down upon millions of musicians across the world, including several favorites of mine that have emulated them in several ways with four-part harmony vocals and upbeat, experimental music much like the Galactic Cowboys. Possibly one of the greatest unknown bands, they call Houston, Texas their home and while having officially disbanded several years ago, they annually hold a reunion concert because they are profoundly beloved not just by their hometown, but anyone that has called themselves a fan. They themselves pay tribute as fans to The Beatles; more directly Paul McCartney as they present an excellent version of "Junior's Farm." \


You can catch me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TurdFjerstad

No comments: