Friday, January 18, 2013

Thoughts on Spirituality


I bow to no one. I practice no religion but I maintain my faith in a higher power; the sight unseen.  

Spirituality stemmed from religion. A person became spiritual if they felt driven by the Holy Spirit with the definition changing throughout centuries. There was a time when it meant being in touch with your feelings. After World War II was when a clear discord between religion and spirituality became present in the public and continued transitioning through different influences such as Buddhism and secularism until reaching the modern meaning of discovering one’s inner-self, seeking their own spirit path, but religion is still never far behind.

I’ve never been skeptical of higher power(s). I have witnessed several unexplainable phenomena and radical experiences such as syncing in tune with Mother Nature as she conjures up a soul refreshing wind to aid you on the last mile of a run. I’ve aided practitioners of white magic and black magic in performing their craft.  I myself should, logically, should be dead. I should have died several times naturally, foolishly, and incidentally, but I’m not sure I could ever say needlessly. I don’t believe that anyone or anything dies needlessly. A terrorist attack can cause as much damage as an earthquake, but the planet always finds a way to maintain a balance within itself. Human beings threaten to tip that balance to the point of straining the planet’s rations, so the Earth finds a way to once again level the playing field.  Some people choose to believe in destiny or fate; certain religions would have you believe it to be God’s will.  

Call it whatever you’d like – God, Aliens, Creators, Protectors; Architects – a power exists beyond our eyesight. Not just the paranormal, more like the ultimate insight; the kind of enlightenment that is achieved through questioning and meditation and ultimately understanding the ways of others through compassion and tolerance without a need to agree or disagree; simply accept.  Acceptance leads to peace.  

No comments: