Thursday, July 28, 2011

Slangin on the Go


Driving through town today I witnessed a hilarious drug deal. I couldn't tell who was the slanger or who was the buyer but two men were walking on the sidewalk towards one another showing no indication of an association, none of any kind.

Usually, you see a friend or someone familiar you acknowledge them in some obvious manner, but these guys appeared obliviouis to one another. They meet in the middle and in the blink of an eye exchange a handslap, and faster than they converged in the center of the sidewalk the instantaneously turned around, heading in opposite directions. I laughed all the way to my destination.

Picked up a new cell phone today, too. It was an intriguing experience. The young woman that helped me had the most hypnotic, elegant crystal blue eyes. I wondered if they were contacts - they were astoundingly gorgeous, and she had a voice so soothing I felt myself becomiong intoxicated the more she spoke. I started nearly slurring my words. The more she spoke the more I focussed on her eyes, and slowly, like a crescendo in a sonata, our lips began spreading into grins, grins into smiles; smiles into attraction (for me anyways). Her customer service was exceptional to boot.

I walked away without complementing her on anything. I was disappointed in myself. The opportunity has passed and now it's up to bizarre circumstances if we ever meet again.

Those kinds of second chances are the rarest kind.

No comments: