Monday, November 30, 2009

Cold Pleasant Rain

I stepped outside this morning to find a storm approaching in the sky, unfortunately it did nothing to daunt the humidity; thus, I opted to leave my sweater where it hanged. I ate breakfast, brushed my teeth, and promised to whatever being listens when you promise to no one that I would do my best to not make my assistants cry or make life looking down the barrel of a tank cannon bliss compared to working with me. At least the sun would be taking a break today.

Of course, what should happen the instant I set foot outside for work? The northern wind blasts heavy doses of itself through the city, and the humidity is soon less than a memory; it may have never even existed. Nipples everywhere cowered at this brisk norhthern force. Then, after the wind followed the rain.

Normally, I don't like the rain and cold mixing together as it makes the roads more dangerous as people cannot even drive well when the days are clear and the streets are dry, but throw in muggy frost and you've got yourself a full day's entertainment over on Brianson's overpass.

Even now it continues to rain, and the cold proved to harsh for even I to continue working outside, which did help me get through a chapter I was having difficulty structuring, but I think the context of the work and the content of the weather kickstarted my brain. Now, I'm inside with some coffee, the hint of cigarettes (an odor I still adore, though I myself do not smoke), and the clicking of a keyboards mingling with the tapping of chilled raindrops over the building; its roof and windows. The colors are never as bright as just after a colde pleasant rain.

No comments: