Thursday, September 04, 2008

Daily Blur

These past couple of weeks have blurred by. Returning to work has been about as uneventful as karaoke in a morgue, but that hasn't stopped the clock from whirling by, and the sun and moon from playing atomic seesaw all around the Earth.

A new semester has begun at the university, which has quadrupled my workload on its own, nevermind that I'm still getting in my regular workouts, though I've had to shift them from five to six days to four to five days. I'm not sure if it's helping or hurting me yet; still too soon to tell. Today, I saw some things I liked, some things I didn't. The shoulders are popping out, the biceps are starting to show cut; it's just the midsection that needs some atttention, and I know that would go away if I was wise enough to replace some of the lifting with running.

For most folks, it's the other way around, even though they don't know it. More weight is lost by lifting than running.

I'm not saying anyting no one doesn't know or feel. I'm not saying anything anyone wants to hear either. That's why I choose to rarely say anything to anyone.

No comments: