Saturday, August 30, 2008

Where is Cupid?

I wanted to work on the Cupid Apocalypse story tonight, but I can't find it anywhere. I wrote it years upon years ago, maybe close to ten, close to five; I don't know.

It's one of the first pieces I ever actually liked but for whatever reason I was thinking about it the other day. I probably saw a couple holding hands in the park, or the rehab clinic, or something, somewhere.

I read it and while I did not disapprove of it, I could see where it needed some overviews, particularly during the conversation between Cupid and Death. While they're talking, the three other horseman are unleashing their powers over a Chechnyan village because Cupid is feeling blue; uninterested in bringing humans together in love. Really, he just wants a vacation.

Back to work.

The story was inspired by King's X - Cupid.

No comments: