Friday, January 25, 2008

A Scar with A View

I'm going to get killed by a car one day. Yes - that automotive bastard will do me in; probably won't even be a car, probably an Expedition or a van. But a van couldn't even take out Stephen King. It's kind of scary when you think about it. King is not macho, doesn't pretend to be, and not even a van could take him out. It damaged him, but it didn't kill him.

That's very scary now that I'm thinking about it. The power and will of a writer. Don't fuck with the writer. Their names outlive their lives, and their lives outlive death.

But where I was originally going; I was almost hit by a car, both confined and on foot, two times respectively. OH SHIT. Make it three; I was almost hit on the way home just now.

The difference between me and those that can't drive. I know how to use a car. I can make the shock turn if I need to. I can drive backwards at excessive speeds if I need to. Why would I need to? Because I know how to use, destroy, and obliterate the universe using a car.

I hate cars. I hate driving. I wish they were gone, but as long as they are around, I will continue to learn about them - - because I hate them.

No comments: