Monday, January 28, 2008

I Would Fly

Birds fly. It is their nature, it is what they are born to do, and since they have no sense of self, they have no choice - they fly. But if birds possessed the capablity of making decisions based on philosophical ideals, would they fly? If they had those wings, would one of them choose not to fly. Then, would that bird send evolution into a tizzy?

If man had wings, would all of us fly? I doubt it. But we would find ways to exploit the feature for everything it's worth. So much, it would get to the point where we found dozens of mad enthusiasts ripping their wings off their backs, cutting them off in protest of what's been done. The pillow business would be over saturated, quite possibly sinking into an abyss that would find it difficult to recover from.

I would fly. Far, far away, I would fly. Up into the mountains, away from everyone. But since everyone can fly, everyone would soon move to those mountains, so I'd probably end up being one of the fools to cut off their wings. Then, I'd turn them into multi-bladed scythes - - and then the fun would really begin.

I'm on to you, parrots. I hear you.

No comments: