Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Distracted

Working on a modern day fairytale; short story, nothing special. Actually, not a modern day fairytale, but a modern day story with fairytale elements sewn within.

I'm using it to concentrate on scenery and landscape.

Why the hell am I writing this. I've got work to do.

But really, I'm having a tought time getting it off the ground. I like the main character too much. He's not pushing the story in the direction I had originally intended, which was something light, stumbling into the realness of the Brothers Grimm tales, not the watered down, make a buck versions that butchered the original material, I mean the painful, bloody, and endearing ones that were told to children back in an age when common sense was rampant among the youth, and they knew what it meant to respect a day's work, unlike today where they wonder how "cavemen watched tv." That was a serious enquiry from a sixteen year old I heard today.

For those without spawns, find some radiated material and sit on it. You'll make the world a better place.

No comments: