Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Rain In Glass

Working on some things, and suddenly it starts raining. Rain is a rariity down here, and the humidity immediately turns the pleasurable earth cry, and the land in which I live, into a loathesome torture cell madeo of five foot mosquitoes, and moths that block out the moon. Sometimes I mistake them for bats.

Today it rained, and I desperately yearned to watch it, but I didn't want to stop working. That's when I looked to the wall and remembered, I have windows. The snapping, squeaking grind of the turning knob shattered my eardrums as the caked dust collapsed from the blinds. It was beautiful outside. It was dim, gloomy, and soaked. And now I know I have windows. I never have to leave this room again.

3 comments:

MK said...

So the first time you opened your windows was to let rain in...not fresh air? Try going to Ireland; you'll love the rainy days for writing there.

David said...

If the U.S. decides to deport me, I'll give it a shot, meanwhile, I'm shooting for Oregon.

A twin, aye? How has that worked out for you?

As a gemini, I get to be my own twin, but neither of us wants to be the "good" one, yet at the end of the day I always cave in.

I've never proclaimed to be a saint, but I'm far from being a monster.

Anonymous said...

I hear Oregon is lovely and wide open. Two good qualities in a state.

I have one of those annoying twin bonds where we get along really well. It didn't always used to be that way. We took a hiatus from what we call our "twindom" in high school. Being a teenager is awkward...

So it's two Dr. Jekyls and no Mr. Hyde with you? haha