Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Grinning Death

I'm outside, nesting in my backyard. It is near midnight. I'm wondering where the zombies are right now. I don't mean the junkies, or the pariers, I mean the real undead zombies (or dead, I know you fools have your geek outs on issues such as the proper cabinet for a zombie.

I'm curious because the air is dry, so you could smell death, even without the wind. I live across the street from a funeral home, so that may have something to do with it, plus next to the funeral home is a park, with trees scattered about, and when the moon hits it just right, horror movie gold.

There is a Michael Myers victim's home. It's just the type he would break into before jabbing that knife into someone's gullet. Even right now, I could look up from my screen and have been blinded from the bloodied grinning teeth grinding by my eyes.

Around me are so many alleys with no lights, so dilapidated are some streets, you'd think they were abandoned, but they are not.

That space right next to you. The one without any light what so ever; it holds something. It holds many things. Pray that they do not get a hold of you.

No comments: