Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Rent is Due

I was approached by a man with a interchangeable faces to be a patron of his business. His details involved switching my body with another, with my own face to follow, though I could keep the glasses if I wanted.

His heavy breathing, and comet flying eyes had me wondering how much cocaine he was on, and how much he was willing to part with, but an openeing never arrived, and I was stuck out in the rain, with dry hands, and empty sockets. My rotator cup was stuckk in a cycle also, clicking like a cog in a machine every time I raised or lowered my arm. It only seemed to happen when I was looking for an exit.

The man changed face again, but the eyes stayed the same. They wanted my suitcase. But that, I could not give away. It contained the secrets of the city, and every name of every person that was ever murdered in them. It also contained my overdue rent money.

No comments: