Saturday, July 22, 2006

Do Not Look At Me

Just awoke. No coffee,no food, don't expect anything decipherable.

I don't like being recognised in publice. I don't like going out and running into people I know. There are very few that if I do encounter them, I will make my way towards them, very, very few, but for the most part, I'm a fucking ghost.

Whenever someone busts out a camera, I'm walking the other way.

Back when I was a drinker, I'd end up going to the bar, settling down in my space in the dimly lit, smokey tavern, and I'd enjoy my two or three taps, but by the end of the night, I'd end up somewhere with complete strangers who seemed to have known me their entire life, downing some of the fines liquor around.

I suppose I just have that face. The face that says, "shove liquor down my noise tube."

I've been sober, for a while now, and am enjoying it. So are the orphans. They don't wake up screaming anymore.

1 comment:

The Woman of Nite said...

I love the way you write. I am not sure but I think I can tell when you are writing yourself or taking something from somewhere else.
I am glad that I found your blog. It is very cool.

The Woman of Nite