Saturday, June 10, 2006

Something Like That

I'm watching Nobody's Fool, which is secretly one of my favorite movies. It's so secret not even I fully knew it. I'd hinted the idea to myself, but it never fully flourished. Watching it now, there's a scene that reflects how I feel everyday, everywhere.

Paul Newman's at his ex-wives home. His son had invited him for Thanksgiving, but everyone assumed he wasn't going to show up. He barely says five words when all hell breaks loose, and you have a naked four year old running out of the bathroom because his brother just slammed the toilet seat down on his privates. He runs into the ex, knocking over Thanksgiving side dishes, making room for the daughter-in-law and the ex-wife to get into it.

Newman stays quiet, and with the slickness of a three-legged cat, he quietly slips out the front door.

That's how I feel whenever I'm with people. That and the one line "Fuck him eternally," it just echoes around my ear canal.

This movie's too good to have been origina. It was lifted from a novel by Richard Russo, but once I see a movie, I won't read the book, although I should. The book's are far more informative than any DVD ever could be.

** - "Don't tell me she's pregnant?"

## - "Knocked up like a cheerleader."

(Laughter)

## - "I suppose you want to be godfather?"

** - "Hey, I can't be the father and godfather?"

There're better lines. This is the scene I'm on right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pssst.. hey..
I wrote another something. it's about time, huh? I washed my sheets today and it's 2:30 in the morning. they are turning off my water tommorow to work on the main lines. "them!" who do they think they are?! now I have to wake up really early just to brush my goddamn teeth. I tell ya.
will you tell me, am I forgiven?
jebus isn't answering.
that jerk head.